How Do I Give a Custom Payment/Tip to my GM?
As long as you're signed up for a paid session on StartPlaying and have entered the card info, you will be charged automatically at the start of each session. There may come a time when you want to pay your GM a little extra.
Maybe your party decides to play an extra hour or two to finish an epic battle, and you want to compensate the GM for the extra time. Maybe you want to leave a little tip for an awesome session. Or maybe it's a StartPlaying charity event, you want to use a custom payments to donate in exchange for dice re-rolls.
Whatever your reasoning, here is how to send a Custom Payment/Tip through StartPlaying.
Steps to Give a Custom Payment/Tip
Navigate to your "My Adventures" page
- Click on your Profile Picture in the upper right-hand corner
Click on "My Games"
- Click the "Past" button if you want to leave a custom payment for a past session, or click on "Upcoming" for an upcoming session,
Click the appropriate Adventure
Click one of the sessions under Schedule, then click on "Custom Payment/Tip" under Actions
⚠️ MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON A SESSION FIRST! ⚠️
If you don't click on a session, then the "Custom Payment/Tip" button WILL NOT appear
Enter the Amount + Reason
- Enter the amount of your Custom Payment/Tip. Note that there is a $5 minimum.
- Custom Payments/Tips are subject to StartPlaying's 10% cut, but there is no additional payment processing fee.
- Enter a reason for the payment in the text box.
- Once you've entered all the necessary information, click "Confirm".
The card on file with StartPlaying will be instantly processed, with you and the GM receiving a confirmation e-mail. You can click on "Use different credit card" at the bottom if you wish to use a different card for payment.
Can I use StartPlaying credit for Custom Payments/Tips?
At this time, StartPlaying credit can not be used for custom payments/tips.