Special Events FAQ
What are Special Events on StartPlaying.Games?
Special Events are events that StartPlaying hosts, partnering with conventions, charities, and TTRPG publishers to bring games to a wider audience. Often, these events will include a charity aspect, allowing GMs to donate a portion of their earnings to a charity!
How do I run a game for a special event?
1. Be sure that you are signed up to run games on StartPlaying.Games by following the steps in this article.
2. Follow the steps listed here to create and list a game on StartPlaying.Games.
3. Once you've completed those steps, create an adventur and list a session.
4. When the below screen pops up, check the box marked "Is this session for a special event
5. Once the box is checked, a drop-down menu will appear.
6. Select the correct event to get additional information about the event. Then schedule the session!
7. Once a session is scheduled, you'll see a new "ticket" icon on the session, indicating that it is for a special event!